The Disability Studies Program offers a faculty-designed major through Individualized Studies. The Disability Studies Major is designed to provide a comprehensive curriculum in Disability Studies that includes the incorporation of the lived experiences of disabled people.
Review the Disability Studies Degree Requirements
How to Apply
- Complete the prerequisite course (DIS ST/LSJ/CHID 230: "Introduction to Disability Studies") with a minimum grade of 2.0.
- Print and fill out a Disability Studies Application Form.
- Attach a personal statement outlining your educational objectives.
- Set up an appointment with the Disability Studies adviser to go over your application. Make any revisions suggested.
- When your application is approved by the Disability Studies adviser, bring the approved application to 141 Mary Gates Hall and turn it in at the front desk; an Individualized Studies adviser will do a change of major form to declare the major for you.
Disability Studies Adviser
For information about the field of Disability Studies, and to apply to the major:
Disability Studies Program
Learn more on the Disability Studies web site.